June 16 – 18, 2017
Suzanne Marx – 503.245.9271.
Oregon Amateur Sports – 503.520-1319.
Eligibility Requirements: All athletes are responsible for meeting the eligibility requirements of the State Games of Oregon. View SGO general entry requirements. USA Fencing membership mandatory. Fencers can join on-line or at the competition. On-line, Click here for online membership and follow the instructions on the screen.
Competition age: Based on birth year.
Entry Deadline: June 13, 2017. NO DAY OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS. No exceptions.
Entry Fee: $20 Registration Fee. $10 Event Fee per event entered.
- Qualifier for the State Games of America.
- USA Fencing rules shall apply.
- Only two events per day allowed, time permitting. Simultaneous events not allowed.
- Pools and/or direct eliminations.
- Medals awarded to first, second & third places.
- Y10 competitors must have been born between 2005 and 2008. Y12 competitors must have been born between 2003 and 2006. Cadet competitors must have been born between 2000 and 2003. Veteran competitors must be born in 1976 or earlier. Some exceptions apply. Fencers over the age of 13 can also compete in Open events.
- All events are held mixed but with prizes awarded to males/females. All participants must be current USFA members. USFA membership applications may be completed at competition.
Competition Schedule: Tentative schedule. Will be finalized by March 1.
- Dates & Sites:
Friday, June 166:30pm – 40+ Foil
7:00pm – 40+ EpeeSaturday, June 179:00am – Y10/Y12 Saber9:00am – Open Foil1:00pm – Cadet Saber
1:00pm – Open Epee (senior) Sunday, June 18
9:00am – Y10/Y12 Foil
9:00am – Cadet Epee
11:30am – 40+ Saber
1:00pm – Open Saber
1:00pm – Cadet Foil
2:00pm – Wheelchair Epee
Northwest Fencing Center (click for map)
4950 SW Western Ave
Beaverton OR, 97005
Directions: 217 North, exit Allen Blvd, turn right off ramp, then 1/4 mile turn left on Western Ave. Turn right at next light (5th Ave). Fencing Center on left. Opposite side of State Games building.